I'm running a script, which has a rescue clause, but I want it to
(essentially) break, when the rescue clause is invoked.

Instead, it runs to the next line:

C:\Documents and Settings\Marissa\Desktop>ruby T3.rb
What is the user's First Name?
Test
What is the user's Last Name?
Test
ALERT: You must have a running instance of SVC open!
Please log into SVC and restart Sevin. Exiting: Code1.
T3.rb:18: undefined method `frame' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

To state the obvious: The frame it's looking for is not going to be
there, so I don't even want it to go there.

[Code]

require 'watir'

puts "What is the user's First Name?"
Fname = gets.chomp #Removes return (recognized as new line command)
character '\n'
puts "What is the user's Last Name?"
Lname = gets.chomp #Removes return (recognized as new line command)
character '\n'

begin
  @browser = Watir::IE.attach(:url, 'https://
www.servicecenterweb.unisys.com/sc2/index.do')
    rescue Watir::Exception::NoMatchingWindowFoundException
      puts "ALERT: You must have a running instance of SVC open!"
      @browser1 = Watir::IE.new
      @browser1.goto('https://www.servicecenterweb.unisys.com/sc2/
index.do')
      puts "Please log into SVC and restart Sevin. Exiting: Code1."
    end
  @browser.frame(:id, 'detail').button(:id, 'X8').click
  #Insert company name and user
  @browser.frame(:id, 'detail').text_field(:id, 'X7').set("BAXTER")
  @browser.frame(:id, 'detail').text_field(:id, 'X78').set(Fname)
  @browser.frame(:id, 'detail').text_field(:id, 'X80').set(Lname)
[/Code]

If I put a 'break' in the rescue clause, it doesn't seem to like it,
and 'end' really doesn't "end", as you can see.

So, is there a way I can ditch the script, if the rescue is invoked,
or will I just have to deal with it going on to the next line?

Thanks!