Hi Group,
    I am struggling to handle the JavaScript popups. Let me explain my
scenario to you guys.
In my web application am executing certain URL. Once that url is
executed it pops up a javaScript alert box.
>From within the same browser window I need to click on the ok button
to get out of that box. But it doesnt seem to be happening.
My test is if I get a pop up then FAIL else PASS the test.

I have been using the following code in my main program.

test.goto("http://example.com/sample.do?param1=abc,param2=xyz";)
check_for_popup("Windows Internet Explorer","OK").should == false)

and my check_for_popup is something like this

def chk_for_popups(title,button)
      puts("In popups method...")
      autoit=WIN32OLE.new('AutoItX3.Control')
      ret=autoit.WinWait(title,"",1)
      if (ret==1)
           puts "There is pop up."
           autoit.WinActivate(title)
           button.downcase!
           if button.eql?("ok") || button.eql?("yes") || button.eql?
("continue")
              autoit.Send("{Enter}")
              else
                  autoit.Send("{tab}")
                  autoit.Send("{Enter}")
              end
              return true
          elsif (ret==0)
              puts "No pop up."
              return false
          end
  end

Now the problem is when I execute the URL, its not entering the
check_for_popup(). Only when I manually click OK button on the alert
box, it enters this method, which is kind of confusing. Not sure why
is this happening...

Could anybody help me solving this issue..

Thanks in advance,
S.K