Hey I know you want to look for the select_list INSIDE the form,
(perhaps to verify it's in the right 'place' within the dom etc)   but
if the intent is to manipulate the list, and you are able to identify
it by ID value, then as a workaround until this problem is corrected,
why not just leave out the form and look for it inside the frame?

I mean given that you are identifying it by ID and not Name or Class,
there should only be ONE of them on the page if it's proper HTML.

Yes this doesn't let you validate that someone didn't move the thing
outside of the form, or address any other reason you have for wanting
to look for it 'inside' the form (which I understand perfectly, I do
that kind of thing all the time with navigation links within a
specific div etc)  but it might at least let you get around this for
now..  (and beats the heck out of having to setup a windows VM or
something just so you can run the scripts)

It also seems to me like you've got a pretty valid (and thanks to the
public site, easily reproducable) bug here, so you might want to
create a Jira item for it  to see that it gets fixed <http://
jira.openqa.org/browse/WTR>

FWIW I think this code should run on either browser with a simple
change of the default browser value

require 'watir'
Watir::Browser.default = 'ie'   #sets browser preference
url = "http://www.siemens.de/jobs/jobs_bewerbung/jobboerse/Seiten/
jobboerse.aspx"
browser = Watir::Browser.new
browser.goto(url)
browser.frame(:index, 1).form(:name, "lay0803234_src350a").select_list
(:id, "LOV6") .inspect

--Chuck