I was really bummed to hear about this too.

Congratulations on your new gig, Bret. I suspect you will continue to
contribute to the software dev and testing community in some way, as you
always have!

Thanks to Bret and Pete for all they have done to improve Watir, it sure
helped me and my team a ton. And thanks to all the other Watir contributors
and us users hope you will all stay involved!
-- Lisa

--
Lisa Crispin
Co-author with Janet Gregory, _Agile Testing: A Practical Guide for Testers