On my Linux box, I installed the JSSH addon to Firefox and tested it
with telnet localhost 9997.
In irb, when I enter b=Firefox.new, it 1. opens a new window, 2.
closes all windows, 3. spins for a long time while I see the CPU
indicator on my system monitor applet running at ~50%.  Has this
happened to anyone else and is there a known solution?  (My Google
searches turn up nada.)  Otherwise, how can I start debugging this?  I
am an experienced developer, but new to Ruby.