Seems to me that the letters 'next'  might be rather common to find on
a lot of pages, and are you SURE it's not there even if perhaps part
of another word?

If the 'next' is a clickable link or button , then perhaps you'd be
better off to look to see if the link exists?

while browser.link(:text, 'Next').exists?
  or
while browser.button(:text, 'Next').exists?

That's a lot less likely to give you a false hit on some other aspect
of the page contents