Thanks for your response, Chuck.

I tried clearing the selection first, and that didn't seem to make a
difference. The changing of the dropdown box does in fact trigger a
postback:

onchange=javascript:setTimeout('__doPostBack
(\'FacsimileSearchControl1$FromDateDropdownlist\',\'\')', 0)

I am afraid I'm a bit out of my element in understanding this part. I
tried adding the sleep commands in as well, and that didn't help
either. The thing that confuses me is that, when you manually open the
site (which, btw, is a public site for looking at detailed reports
about banks), the dropdown list is populated with dates, such as
"06/31/2009". Yet, when I load up the options of the dropdown into an
array and put that out, the array contains these values:

91
111
98
106
101
99
116
32
72
84
77
76
79

I assume these values somehow drive the javascript which populates the
dropdown. But I have not figured out a way to simply get at the nth
element in the dropdown.

Do you have any ideas? I really appreciate the help!