I think the problem is with the title. The first group are the "Core
Developers" not "Developers"

The core team of developers is the group of people actively working on
the release of new versions of Watir. These people add significant
features and commit many features contributed by others. I have listed
this group before on this list. The people who have been active core
developers of Watir/FireWatir over the past year are:

Bret Pettichord
Charley Baker
Angrez Singh
Jari Bakken

This is evidenced by the commit logs.

I think it is confusing to just call these people "developers" because
there are lots of people who contribute code to watir. I would like us
to recognize the core developers for the significant time and energy
that they have put into the project.

Bret