I looked into this a long time ago, and there is no way to persist a
Basic Auth session in a browser.  You have to have credentials for
every page request and every frame within every page.   I was hacking
around deep in the guts of Watir trying to make this work and failed.

Nor do I know of any other tool that makes this possible.  There might
be something fancy you could do in multiple libraries used by Watir,
but I did not have that kind of mandate.

I suggest a well-designed set of manual tours.

-Chris