Alan,

You are seeing a problem that we also saw with Watir 1.6.5RC1. We fixed
it in the first 1.6.5 by changing the way watir does dependencies.

Here are the dependencies for Watir 1.6.2

C:\work\common_ground>gem dependency watir
Gem watir-1.6.2
  win32-process (>= 0.5.5, runtime)
  windows-pr (>= 0.6.6, runtime)
  activesupport (>= 0, runtime)
  commonwatir (= 1.6.2, runtime)
  firewatir (>= 0, runtime)

The problem is that Watir 1.6.2 will use FireWatir 1.6.5, which runs
into a conflict with the common watir gem.

My thought at the moment is that we should release a Watir 1.6.3 that is
the same as 1.6.2, but with the dependencies declared correctly. Because
I know people are going to want to go back and forth between 1.6.5 and
1.6.2.

Thoughts?

Bret