Hi Venky!

If you were looking at my example Test::Unit harness:

http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Test+Unit+Excel+Data+Driven+Framework+with+Database+Verifications

DataVerification.rb connects to SQL and Oracle, retrieves value using
select statements and verifies then against an expected value.  You
could also use this to retrieve test data once it's populated in your
database.

If this doesn't do what you need it to, you may want to look into
using the ActiveRecord class.  Note that ActiveRecord is it's own Ruby
project, not part or Watir.  I'm moving that way myself, as
ActiveRecord seems more solid than the DBI class.

Hope this helps!

-Tiffany