Sorry if this is a repeat, but I did search for this issue and didn't
find it.  I'm a novice at both Ruby and Watir, as well.
I have a very simple script (part of a much larger script that I'm
trying to resurrect):

require "watir"
browser = Watir::Browser.new
browser.goto("http://202.36.68.44/";)
puts browser.url

that results in

c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/watir-1.6.5/lib/watir/ie-class.rb:
465:in `method_missing': unknown property or method
`LocationURL' (WIN32OLERuntimeError)
    HRESULT error code:0x800706b5
      The interface is unknown. from c:/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/
watir-1.6.5/lib/watir/ie-class.rb:465:in `url'
        from mytest.rb:6

Originally I thought there was a compatability issue with IE8.  But
after removing/reinstalling both Ruby and Watir, I still get this
error.  I suspect the html is at issue, as this script obviously will
work with other sites (tested by going to google).  But the HTML
validates (so I'm told by the developer).  Can anybody provide at
least a direction if not an answer?

Cheers,
Tom