Thanks, it looks like it is indeed a JS event. However, none of the fire_events I have tried seems to be working. Is there a JS event name that is associated with just sending an "Enter" command to it?
Thanks again! On Jan 4, 4:21 pm, Tiffany Fodor <[email protected]> wrote: > Hi! > > Check your text field to see if there is a javascript event associated > with it. If there is, you can fire it with: > > ie.text_field(:name, 'my_field').fire_event('my_js_event') > > Hope this helps! > > -Tiffany > > On Jan 4, 1:46 pm, xguarder <[email protected]> wrote: > > > I am trying to enter text into a search field (textField box). > > However, there is no button to click on to submit the text. You need > > to hit enter after typing it into the text box. > > Any ideas on how I can send the ENTER command directly to the textbox > > itself? I tried using the send_keys method, but it ends up sending the > > command to the entire browser itself, not the text field. > > Thanks in advance! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Watir General" group. To post to this group, send email to [email protected] Before posting, please read the following guidelines: http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support To unsubscribe from this group, send email to [email protected] For more options, visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
