If the methods above can't work, you can try the one below.
# When it displays the "OKCancel" or "OK" pop up, it will click it
    def popup_clicker(ie = $ie, buttonname= "OK")
        require 'watir/contrib/enabled_popup'
        hwnd = ie.enabled_popup(15)
        if(hwnd)  #yeah! a popup
            popup = WinClicker.new
            popup.makeWindowActive(hwnd) #Activate the window.
            popup.clickWindowsButton_hwnd(hwnd,buttonname) #Click the button
            # #popup.clickWindowsButton(/Internet/,buttonname,30)
            popup=nil

sth.click_no_wait
popup_clicker($b, "OK")

I submit the one you referred, but I don't know why sometimes it works,
sometimes it doesn't.
Maybe in the second, it works, in the next second, it doesn't work.

For the popup_clicker, I think it is a stable one.

Thanks.
Wesley Chen.
For life, the easier, the better.