Yeah...I know, you all probably are rolling your eyes already about another 
click_no_wait problem, but this isn't a problem, it's a statement.  I don't 
know how to fix it but my co-worker James and I just spent a while trying to 
figure out why click_no_wait wasn't working in his script.  To make a long 
story short, the problem was that he had another tab open in the window he was 
trying to perform click_no_wait on.  Closing that tab caused the script to work 
perfectly.

I did a little search first and couldn't find anyone else that had run across 
this so I'm sending it to the list as a sort of public service announcement.  I 
would try and troubleshoot this further but I am mystified by the following in 
click_no_wait:

  object = "#{self.class}.new(self, :unique_number, #{self.unique_number})"
  @page_container.eval_in_spawned_process(object + ".click!")

Where does unique_number come from anyway?  It doesn't appear to be a Watir 
method and I couldn't find it in Kernel, Class or Object classes in Ruby.  
Anyway, I imagine it has something to do with the fact that IE can't find the 
object to click on in the spawned process because it can't choose between the 
two pages...but, that's just a guess.  It could be specific to my webpage as 
well.

The moral of the story is, if click_no_wait isn't working for you in IE7, it 
may be because you have another tab open.

Alan

This email message and any attachments are for the sole use of the intended 
recipients and may contain proprietary and/or confidential information which 
may be privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. Any unauthorized 
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an 
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy the 
original message and any copies of the message as well as any attachments to 
the original message.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Watir General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
Before posting, please read the following guidelines: 
http://wiki.openqa.org/display/WTR/Support
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general

Reply via email to