Tiffany, thanks. I haven't upgrade my firefox for a while. and the
thing is I have other 20+ tests using firefox and they all have no
problem.

The only difference is that in this particular test I have require
'firewatir' statement twice. one in the test file, and another one in
the watir method wrapper file. I put Timeout wrapper for all watir
method that I used (was facing some reliability issue, but that's
different story).
Anyway, I removed the duplicate require 'firewatir' statement and that
seems to fix the issue.

I am not sure why that cause an issue. Shouldn't this be handled via
if __FILE__ == $0 at the top of page assuming firewatir.rb has it.
Anyone knows?