When you run those lines what happens?

begin
  browser.add_checker PageCheckers::NAVIGATION_CHECKER
  browser.goto("http://www.somecrazynonexistantthing.com/reallynonexistant";)
resuce=> e
  put e
end

what is the value of e?

marekj

Watirloo: Semantic Page Objects in UseCases
http://github.com/marekj/watirloo/
Support Watir Project http://pledgie.com/campaigns/2982