for example this is one of the element I have to check
<label id="form:j_id94" class="iceOutLbl titulo">Escalas</label>

I'm using the following code to verify the element

until ie.label(:id, "form:j_id94").visible? do
  sleep 1
  tries += 1
  puts "Test #{tries}"
end

but I'm getting the following error

/Library/Ruby/Gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/firefox.rb:315:in
`close': undefined method `>' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)
    from avizpate_search.rb:101

not sure what could be the problem on this.