I am trying to access the open office spreadsheet, using below script
but following error is displayed.kindly can any one help me to over
come. Thanks in advance
require 'win32ole'
require 'rubygems'

noArgs = []
file_uri = "file:///D:/ruby/example.ods"

serviceManager = WIN32OLE.new("com.sun.star.serviceManager")
coreReflection =
serviceManager.createInstance("com.sun.star.reflection.CoreReflection")
desktop = serviceManager.createInstance("com.sun.star.frame.Desktop")
#spreadsheet = stardesktop.loadComponentFromURL("private:factory/
scalc", "_blank", 0, noArgs)
spreadsheet = desktop.loadComponentFromURL(file_uri , "_blank", 0,
noArgs)
sheetsCollection = spreadsheet.Sheets
sheet1 = sheetsCollection.getByIndex(0)
cellA1Formula = sheet1.getCellByPosition(0, 0).Formula # Gets text or
number or whatever is in the cell
cellA1NumericValue = sheet1.getCellByPosition(0, 0).Value # Gets
numericalvalue of the cell
cell1A = sheet1.getCellByPosition(0, 0) # Gets cell 1A
cell1A.Formula = "Nathan Lane" # Sets the formula for cell 1A to
"NathanLane"

Output :
========
excel.rb:12:in `method_missing': loadComponentFromURL
(WIN32OLERuntimeError)
    OLE error code:1001 in [automation bridge]
      com.sun.star.lang.IllegalArgumentException: URL seems to be an
unsupported one.
    HRESULT error code:0x80020009
      Exception occurred.       from excel.rb:12

--
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. To sum it up: search
before you ask, be nice.