Vapir-Firefox is a more featureful and stable fork of Firewatir. The API is
the same, with a few exceptions. You might have a look at it. Its homepage
is at http://vapir.org/

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 06:34, Liberty1776 <[email protected]> wrote:

> Update:
> This seems to happen after I close one of Firefox windows. I'm using
> 3.5.9, as that's current for my Ubuntu.  Afterwards this problem
> manifests itself and  have to quit Firefox and restart it.Then it
> works again.
>
> Except that after 2nd time restarting Ubuntu Firefox this way, Firefox
> refuses to start up. It brings up a startup window, but exists after 5
> seconds of attempted startup.
>
> Do you have any ideas?
>
> Thank you,
> Michael
>
> On May 27, 5:01 am, Liberty1776 <[email protected]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've just started using Watir. I'm developing in Linux, so I'm using
> > FireFox 3.5 for Ubuntu 9.10 with firewatir 1.6.5. My simple script
> > worked for 3 times and then started failing with this error.
> > Even this fails now:
> > b = FireWatir::Firefox.new
> > I still have FireFox open and it hasn't changed anything since the
> > first 3 runs succeeded.
> >
> > Do you have any ideas what can go wrong?
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Michael
> >
> > JsshSocket::JSReferenceError:  getWindows is not defined
> >     /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/
> > jssh_socket.rb:12:in `js_eval'
> >     /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/firefox.rb:
> > 175:in `get_window_number'
> >     /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/firefox.rb:
> > 132:in `initialize'
> >     /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/firefox.rb:
> > 163:in `new'
> >     /var/lib/gems/1.8/gems/firewatir-1.6.5/lib/firewatir/firefox.rb:
> > 163:in `start'
> >     ./watir_messagesend.rb:10:in `default_test'
>
> --
> Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search
> before you ask, be nice.
>
> You received this message because you are subscribed to
> http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
> To post: [email protected]
> To unsubscribe: 
> [email protected]<watir-general%[email protected]>
>

-- 
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

You received this message because you are subscribed to 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
To post: [email protected]
To unsubscribe: [email protected]

Reply via email to