I like simplicity of Watir and ease of writing test cases with it.I am working on an agile project, where screens, hence underline HTML changes between sprints. Actual screens will get finalised towards very end of the project. Watir scripts depend on HTML code to identify elements and drive automation test cases. Problem I am facing is,test cases written in sprint 1 fails on sprint 2 build because of changes in underlying HTML and not because of actual functional breakage in software under test. This causes frustration to whole of project team. Next step for me is then to identify test cases which have failed as a result of change in HTML, modify them and re run whole test suite.
I have made my tests modular using watir, so that it minimise the test breakage to the particular areas, but still developers, manual testers project management lose interest in test automation and they seem to incline to do manual testing. I am sure, other people must have faced similar situations in their projects. I am seeking an advice or share of experiences here what have they done to handle such scenarios. Any test strategy they have applied,Any test scripts maintenance strategy,Any test script writing technique, any thing else, that may be helpful in such scenario Your help is much appreciated -- Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before you ask, be nice. You received this message because you are subscribed to http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general To post: [email protected] To unsubscribe: [email protected]
