I guess our "test" programmer does undestand the questions being
asked:
The question is about your system environment.  What is the version of
watir on your machine?

Željko gave you syntax to return the value via a command prompt.
His hint is a command line script.  In a *.rb file do this noting the
case sensitive syntax and would be about (4) Lines of code:

require "rubygems"
require "watir"
puts "My version is: "
puts Watir::IE::VERSION


BTW: I Get 1.6.5 :)

Now if you read what mr van der Linden is saying. He suggests adding
sleep statements
Why? Maybe your browser is slow and the objects are not done rendering
to a completed state while your watir script is trying to execute
them.

So before or after some or your click commands you might want to wait
a couple seconds. Thats done with sleep as syntax
sleep 2000  # a 2 second pause.




On Aug 11, 8:06 am, Željko Filipin <[email protected]>
wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 3:01 PM, madhu kumar <[email protected]> wrote:
> > If i type this command directly in command prompt its working fine
>
> I do not know how to make this more explicit. If I do this in command
> prompt, I get 1.6.5. What do you get?
>
> C:\>ruby -e 'require "rubygems"; require "watir"; puts Watir::IE::VERSION'
> 1.6.5
>
> Željko

-- 
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

You received this message because you are subscribed to 
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
To post: [email protected]
To unsubscribe: [email protected]

Reply via email to