As an alternative, could you perhaps persuade your developers to add
an attribute to the areas that would make it easier for you to
identify them (such as and ID or Name?)

This also makes me wonder on the dev side, why we don't support
'title' as a means to identify area's ?  is there some technical
challenge that prevents that?