I got this to work by making it wait for a little bit after the save.  I
don't have time to put any code in here now, but you might want to try
that.  Someone else here suggested that, and it worked like a charm.

On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 7:41 PM, jpapa <[email protected]> wrote:

> I'm attempting to use Watir to test a site developed on GWT. All
> elements of the page are drawn by GWT and hence it relies very heavily
> on Ajax.
>
> I have managed to click most elements,but there is a GWT tree widget
> (which is basically a table with many nested divs) that simply won't
> respond.
>
> I am able to locate the element I wish to click without issue. I've
> tried it by :id, and :xpath and I know I am arriving at the correct
> element. I've also confirmed with WatirMaker.rb that the element is
> what I think it is.
>
> I've tried three ways of clicking on it -
>
> browser.div(:xpath, "//d...@id='DEVICES_GATEWAY']/div").click
>
> browser.div(:xpath, "//d...@id='DEVICES_GATEWAY']/
> div").fire_event('onclick')
>
> and a hack that worked elsewhere -
>
> browser.div(:xpath, "//d...@id='DEVICES_GATEWAY']/
> div").fire_event("onmouseover")
> browser.div(:xpath, "//d...@id='DEVICES_GATEWAY']/
> div").fire_event("onmousedown")
> browser.div(:xpath, "//d...@id='DEVICES_GATEWAY']/
> div").fire_event("onmouseup")
>
> However, none of these produce the click and there is no error
> reported. I just fails silently.
>
> Other divs on the site can be clicked. Some using just .click and some
> using the fire_events hack above.
>
> I'm totally stumped.
>
> I am using Windows 7 and IE 8.
>
> This tree widget is a significant UI element, so if I can't drive it I
> think I'm sunk. (No pun intended.)
>
>
>
>
> --
> Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search
> before you ask, be nice.
>
> [email protected]
> http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
> [email protected]<http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general%[email protected]>
>



-- 
CJ Romberger
Wildwood Interactive
http://www.wildwoodinteractive.com/
512.732.9916

PLEASE NOTE: I only check this email address about once a day!  If you're a
client, the fastest way to reach me is to login to Basecamp, OR email
[email protected].

If you're NOT a client?  Why not become one!?  :)

-- 
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

[email protected]
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
[email protected]

Reply via email to