On Thu, Jun 16, 2011 at 4:15 PM, joedio <joe...@comcast.net> wrote:
> Jari ,
>
> Does this mean that when using webdriver:
>
> 1) If you start Firefox:
>          browser = Watir::Browser.new
>     that it runs with all addins disabled.
>
> 2) If you start Firefox:
>        browser = Watir::Browser.new(:firefox, :profile => "default")
>    it runs with your default addin settings
>
> 3) If you start Firefox::
>       myprofile = Selenium::WebDriver::Firefox::Profile.new
>       myprofile.add_extension("/path/to/addin.xpi")
>       browser = Watir::Browser.new(:firefox, :profile => myprofile)
>    it runs with only the specified addin enabled
>
> If so that would be good info to note in the RDoc.

That's right. I'm don't really want to add it to the docs as it would
mean duplicating docs for selenium-webdriver (where this functionality
lives). The watir-webdriver FAQ [1] links to the Selenium wiki page
[2] that explains this (among other things).

[1] https://github.com/jarib/watir-webdriver/wiki/FAQ
[2] http://code.google.com/p/selenium/wiki/RubyBindings