Can you do something like this?

topicContentFirstLine = @browser.frame(:index, 2).div(:id,
'topicText').text.first

or

topicContentFirstLine = @browser.frame(:id, 'foo').div(:id,
'topicText').text.first

Hope it helps.

orde

On Jul 14, 9:59 am, Anne <[email protected]> wrote:
> Can anyone tell me if there is a way to restrict what you are
> verifying to just the part of the page that is currently visible?
>
> On the page I am testing there are 2 frames:  outline and content
> (kind of like Adobe Reader).  When you click on any line in the
> outline, that section of the content comes to the top of the second
> frame.
> I need to verify that what is at the top of the second frame is,
> indeed, what the user selected.  But I can't figure out how to
> restrict my verification to just what is currently visible.
>
> So far I've got
>    topicContentFirstLine = @browser.div(:id, 'topicText').text.first
> but this gives me the first line of the entire topic, not the first
> line of what is currently visible.
>
> Anne

-- 
Before posting, please read http://watir.com/support. In short: search before 
you ask, be nice.

[email protected]
http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
[email protected]

Reply via email to