do you really need to have the exact same html or the exact same
functionality?
using the same code does not mean the same as having the same html

do the sites need to look exactly the same? you can visually do that in
seconds
do they need to fucntion the same? if yes thats easy watir up some examples
of how it should function and let them rip against both envs

this seems to me more like a testing practice thing than a watir code thing.