On Tuesday, August 6, 2013 8:50:53 AM UTC-7, dada wrote:

> I would love to say to watir to use hidemyass vpn pro and connect for that
> test to particulair country.
> I searched and found that can be done with proxy, but cant find working
> version, can someone give me some working examples.
>
> regards
> daka

I think we need a better idea what you are trying to accomplish.  Watir
works by driving a web browser, usually located on the same system that is
executing the script code.  The browser then connects to the web site,
which could be your local system, or a test env, or a site on the internet.

  [your-box {watir} ==> {browser} ==> {OS IP stack}] ==> LAN ==> internet
==> [webserver]

How the browser connects to the test site is really outside of what watir
is doing.  If you are adding VPN or a proxy(server), that's happening where
you see the IP stack or LAN in the little diagram above.  Presuming it is
properly configured, the test script you would run would be exactly the
same as if you were connecting to the site via a normal network.  If you
can connect the browser to the site and surf manually, then you should be
able to drive the browser via watir