For the checkbox (copied from the answer on Stack Overflow
<http://stackoverflow.com/a/31431597/1200545>):

The problem with the checkbox is that it is not an HTML checkbox - ie <input
type="checkbox">. Instead it is a md-checkbox, which I believe is from the
Angular Material library. As a result, Watir's checkbox method will not see
it.

You will need to treat the md-checkbox as a generic element and use the
click method to set/clear it:

browser.element(class: 'ng-pristine ng-valid md-default-theme-ng-touched').click

The class attribute does not look unique. You might want to use one of the
other attributes instead. For example:

browser.element(aria_label: 'Remove').click

- Justin Ko