I have been working with Firefox 47.02(last version which can be used with
Legacy Firefox driver) without any problem, and It's pretty stable. The
main reason I use in my application is,

1) It waits after click for page to load which won't happen if you use
Geckodriver

2) It performs the visibility check as well if someone uses selenium Ruby
binding directly(I know WATIR does this through programmatically) which
doesn't happen if you use Geckodriver.

3) In the case of Geckodriver, In my application it never select the select
list options properly but Legacy Firefox driver does that properly.

Totally Geckodriver is not a good choice for automation in my opinion.

>>> http://groups.google.com/group/watir-general
>>> watir-general+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Groups "Watir General" group.