On Monday, December 11, 2017 at 1:15:38 AM UTC-8, 江南 wrote:

> Thanks for all your information they are very helpful.
>
> I do understand the concept of Cucumber.
>
> I'm working directly with a Developer, I personally have not come up with
> this idea but my Developer has asked me about writing the script this way
> and I have explained to him about Page Object but I also want to get an
> outside opinion just to be a supporting evidence that this is not the way
> to use Cucumber.

So if you are using Feature files as a way to gain understanding of what
the product should do, and working with a developer (and hopefuly PO)  to
create and review feature files, then it sounds like you have at least one
other person on the team that knows about BDD and why you want to use tools
like Cucumber.  As long as some collaboration benefit is accruing, then I
would say proceed with Cucumber.   If you are the only person that ever
looks at a feature file, then there is little benefit to using Cucumber
over something like Rspec.  (FYI if you and the developer like the idea of
using cucumber, but the PO is hesitant, I'd suggest you see if you can get
them to have a look at the book 'Specification By Example"   The first two
chapters can be downloaded from the publisher for free, and do a good job
of laying out the benefits of this approach.

The 'Page Objects' Pattern is not an alternative to Cucumber, nor something
to use instead of Cucumber.   Page Objects is an abstraction layer to make
it easier to maintain the identifiers of webpage elements in test code that
is testing a Web UI.  The idea is that if a developer does something like
change the UI such that you need to update identifiers, that you just have
to do that in one single place, instead of updating 50 scripts or step
files.  You can use Page Objects in just about any testing framework, be it
inside the steps of cucumber tests, or inside test methods in Rspec or
another testing library.