Watir is a great choice for automating responsive applications because
it handles much of the synchronization for you.

We're still working on improving our content, but the basic guides can
be found here: http://watir.com/guides/

There is an add-on gem specifically for angular applications:
https://github.com/titusfortner/watir_angular
It gives you more direct locators for angular elements and access to
the same waiting scripts that Google uses in Protractor, without
having to use Protractor.