Sorry to too many replies. But this is really killing me. I see there is
anothet wait which is wait_until_present?

Someone please clarify the difference between the 3

1. element.when_present, which is deprecated and auto included from watir
6.0 onwards
2. element.wait_until(&:present) which is same as element.wait_until {|el
el.present?)|}      &
3. element.wait_until_present

I have read that two is used when Watir.relaxed_locate = false  two but why
would someone ever set this to true? which means watir doesnt wait for an
element to be found or present before taking an action.

Thanks

On Tuesday, 11 September 2018 14:52:33 UTC+10, NaviHan wrote:

> This is something that keeps me a bit sceptic when I write and read the
> automation code in my project.
> This used PageObjects.
>
> I have seen extensive use of element referces, for example
>
> button(:add_to_bag, :css => '#add-to-cart')
> add_to_bag.element.when_present.click
>

> instead of
>
> add_to_bag
>
> which directly clicks the element
>
> I have also seen extensive use of referencing elements using
> <element>.when_present, <element>.wait_until_present etc
>
> Im confused where we should draw the line when deciding to reference the
> element and actually using it(as in directly calling "add_o_bag" in the above
> example to click the element.
>
> Any thoughts?

Before posting, please read
https://github.com/watir/watir_meta/wiki/Guidelines-for-Posting-to-Watir-General-Google-Group.

In short: search before you ask, be nice.