On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 16:21:30 -0800
Miguel Angel Vico <mvicom...@nvidia.com> wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
> The problem here is we are using crtc_id and connector_id as indexes,
> while they aren't.
>
> Nothing keeps DRM drivers from advertising CRTC and connectors with ids
> that aren't sequential and starting at 0 or 1.

Hi,

yes, we at Collabora have recently discovered this problem too.

> The right fix is to use indexes instead of ids to update bitmasks.
>
> drm_output::pipe stores the CRTC index and can be used to update CRTC
> bitmasks.

Somehow I don't think that's a good plan.

> For connectors, we need to add something similar.

No, there are simpler solutions. We should keep track of the ids. The
currently-in-use ids are already discoverable through the list of
weston_outputs. We just needs arrays of ids for the other uses.

The bit masks should just go.

Thanks,
pq