On 5/31/17 2:37 PM, adlo wrote:
Is libweston 1.0 good enough for writing a compositor?

Yes, but each major version is adding or changing API to make it simpler to write a compositor. Specifically, libweston 2 has introduced a much nicer output API, thanks to Armin’s GSoC work.

Are there any tutorials or simple examples for writing a compositor using any version of libweston?

I think someone started something, but it’s probably outdated by now.

One advice I’d have to give is to use libweston-desktop, that abstract a lot of protocol stuff and just let you manage toplevel surfaces without worrying about shell protocols, popups and other boring things like that. :-)

Cheers,

--

Quentin “Sardem FF7” Glidic