Hi Emil,
Discussing the scanner symbol visibility patch made me realise that I
never replied here.

On 15 September 2017 at 15:39, Pekka Paalanen <ppaala...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Aug 2017 16:33:15 +0100 Emil Velikov <emil.l.veli...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> Allows us to remove the explicit NULL init, keeping the list shorter and
>> easier to read.
>
> looks like all of these patches change the scanner output in some way,
> but none of them fix the corresponding tests. You'll see it if you run
> 'make check'. We expect scanner patches to fix the expected test output
> data in the same go, so that the tests keep on passing. The reason for
> this is that we can see immediately from the patch itself how it
> changes the scanner output without having to manually diff to verify.
>
> It's easy to fix: run 'make check' and copy the actual output over the
> expected output and git-add. Ensure 'make check' now succeeds. The
> paths are in tests/scanner-test.sh.log.

This would definitely need fixing before we could do anything.

But that being said, my worry is that we don't actually control the
compilation environment for the scanner output. Scanner output
currently compiles with '-pedantic -ansi -Wall -Wextra' (at least,
when inline is defined). This patch changes that requirement, and I
worry that - like previous discussions on changing scanner output -
that upgrading Wayland would lead to people hitting compilation
failures.

Cheers,
Daniel