On 20 March 2018 at 11:01, Daniel Stone <dani...@collabora.com> wrote:
> Rather than a hard-coded list of platform symbols, just ignore anything
> prefaced with an underscore. This fixes breakage on ARM, which declares
> several slightly different platform symbols to x86.

FWIW I've explicitly opted against this kind of heuristics for a few reasons:

 - projects use single/double underscored symbols for internal API
 - other projects have been using such symbols knowingly that it's internal API
Last but not least
 - the symbols exposed by the C runtime should stay stable

In other words - prevents others from going silly things, only the
list might need 1-2 updates.
If the latter turns out to be false we can nuke it.

-Emil