On 2018-03-21 14:52, Pekka Paalanen wrote:
On Wed, 21 Mar 2018 14:40:13 +0530
nsola...@codeaurora.org wrote:

Hi Wayland Team,

I am using weston 1.9.0-r0 version and compiled weston for fbdev
backend.

But I do not see any output on display. Basically I do not see call
reaching to "ioctl(fd, FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO, &varinfo)" in function
fbdev_set_screen_info().

So, if I add a call "ioctl(fd,  FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO, &varinfo)" in
function fbdev_output_repaint_pixman(), I can see output on display.

Should I add FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO ioctl in function
fbdev_output_repaint_pixman() ?
Can you please help me regarding this?

Hi,

it is unlikely to find help with such an old Weston, even more so with
the fbdev backend which at least I would like to just delete already.

But the fbdev backend is still in Weston, so I'd recommend trying a
more recent version. You can also check git to see if there are code
changes in the fbdev-backend.

I don't think FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO at every repaint is good in any case.

You might be interested in reviewing this patch or the whole series:
https://patchwork.freedesktop.org/patch/200333/

What I've occasionally tested the fbdev-backend, I've never needed a
call to FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO, so your use case must be somehow
different. Explaining exactly how and in what kind of a system and
environment you are running Weston could help. E.g. is it a secondary
fbdev device, or using UDL driver.

Thanks,
pq

Hi,

In our FB driver FBIOPUT_VSCREENINFO internally calls a commit() call, which actually displays content on panel. So, it is needed it seems. I am not sure how drawing in mmap() ed memory by opening /dev/fb0 can display content on panel without a commit() call as weston is currently doing.

Thanks
Namit