Hi all,

On 7 April 2018 at 19:01, Drew DeVault <s...@cmpwn.com> wrote:
> +    <event name="name">
> +      <description summary="name of this output">
> +    Many compositors will assign names to their outputs, show them to the
> user,
> +    allow them to be configured by name, etc. The client may wish to know
> this
> +    name as well to offer the user similar behaviors.
> +
> +    The name event is sent after creating an xdg_output (see
> +    xdg_output_manager.get_xdg_output).
> +      </description>
> +    </event>

A name event would be great, but this is missing a string param to
carry the actual name.

In order to not breaking existing clients, it also needs to:
  - come after the 'done' event so we don't renumber events
  - bump the xdg_output interface version
  - annotate the event with a 'since' version attrib

Cheers,
Daniel