Hi Pekka,

On 16 February 2018 at 15:56, Pekka Paalanen <ppaala...@gmail.com> wrote:
> here is the v6 of the shared-CRTC clone mode series. Since v5, quite
> many patches have been extracted from this series, sent out and merged
> upstream. However, now the series is bigger than ever, because here I am
> posting the complete series, including the full DRM-backend migration
> and DRM shared-CRTC clone mode implementation, thanks to having the
> basic atomic modesetting landed upstream.

I reviewed clonemode-7-part1 from
https://gitlab.collabora.com/pq/weston, which is slightly revised (&
significantly truncated) compared to this series. Here's a braindump:

When adding head_list to a weston_output, we can't send
wp_presentation_feedback's sync_output event to the same resource for
multiple wl_outputs:
https://gitlab.collabora.com/pq/weston/commit/d0f5afff9213b81c329a98cdc7593a0101f953d5#note_7491

Should be a pretty easy fix (don't iterate through multiple heads once
you've sent an event to at least one head's resource), but I don't
know what the long-term fix is. Maybe there isn't a good one.

I think this is also a small and easily-fixable bug:
https://gitlab.collabora.com/pq/weston/commit/55206c5e8453722caed18d7fc6e3d9ed0966e623#note_7496

The only real interface change I'd like to see is using a listener
list rather than a single callback:
https://gitlab.collabora.com/pq/weston/commit/ebb74da3c89d90810f8209340da33faeea3169bd#note_7493

Here are a couple of throwaway comments and nitpicks; feel free to ignore them:
https://gitlab.collabora.com/pq/weston/commit/199fda53546128afb6c0553749dfa85bd00799a4#note_7492
https://gitlab.collabora.com/pq/weston/commit/c618aa3dc9c2046e5540bbe444375f79e2e2c71f#note_7494
https://gitlab.collabora.com/pq/weston/commit/6a20dd4e16ae75431149c19e42b52eaf2e179b8c#note_7495

The rest looks good to me! I think it'd be good to merge 'libweston:
cancel idle_repaint on output destroy' ASAP in particular. The fbdev
and RDP patches are quite lazily Acked-by me, as I lost the will to
live whilst trying to review them. The rest of the series, with at
least the first three addressed, is Reviewed-by me.

I like both sides of the new API a lot. Great stuff!

Cheers,
Daniel