Hi,

>From IRC conversations with krh a long time ago, this is indeed intentional
and the cursor surface should "lose its role" in modern parlance.

The original intention was to prevent glitching of the cursor surface. e.g.
If the left side of the surface has a resize left cursor, you leave, and
hover over the right, you don't want to see the resize left cursor for a
split second before the resize right cursor appears.

The original implementation of Weston respected this and would only change
the cursor on set_cursor calls and would not even remember a per-client
cursor surface. This behavior has probably been lost in numerous reactors
by now.