Hi Simon Ser,
Thanks for your comments.
I am also not sure about whether the protocol belongs here or not, and that's why I had first proposed the same in weston, along with the implementation and the client application - Merge request: _https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/wayland/weston/merge_requests/48_
But I do think, its a good point to start the discussion.

Pekka, Daniel, I think we had some discussion about it in IRC as to wayland-extension. Does it make sense to have this in wayland-protocols?

Regards,
Ankit