Aunt Bee is not Barney's aunt. We discover this in "Aunt Bee's Invisible Beau"
when Andy and Barney are discussing what Andy should do about Barney
discovering that Orville Hendrick has a son and is married. Barney says, "If
she were my aunt...."

So they must be cousins on Andy's mother's side. Or, of course, they could be
distant cousins, such as second or third cousins, but just drop the second or
third part.

That's my theory anyway. What's your theory??

Mr. Schwamp