Just heard Howard on an old radio show called Johnny Dollar (a radio show about
an insurance investigator, with an action packed expense account lol) Howard
plays a bum who had a life insurance policy taken out on him and now someone is
trying to kill him to collect on it. He is not the first one to die by this
method before the insurance company gets wise and sends in Johnny Dollar to
investigate.

So far Howard has been stabbed with an icepick, shot with a gun, and poisoned
with bad booze and its only up to the 2nd part of a 5 part series. I didn't
even realize it was Howard on last weeks episode because he was not on the show
but for a few seconds.
His character's name in this show is Indestructible Mike. At the rate they are
trying to kill him off he will have to be indestructible just to last out the
remaining 3 episodes lol.  I've heard Howard on lots of old radio shows but
this was the first time I ever heard him on Johnny Dollar.

Howard's best radio appearance for me is when he plays Doc on the radio version
of Gunsmoke starring William Conrad (Conrad also did the main character voice
on a radio show called Escape which I like a lot.) The network wanted to bring
the radio cast to TV and even went so far as to have test photos taken with the
cast dressed up in western clothes. But they evidently didn't make the cut. I
saw a copy of the picture somewhere on the internet and Howard and the girl who
plays Kitty looked  the  best out of all of them. Mayer Stoner (Parley Baer)
also played Chester Proudfoot (Chesters last name was changed when the TV
version started) on the radio vesion of Gunsmoke making a double whammy TAGS
connection for it.

Dapper Dan
Expense account item 1........