At church today we celebrated Good Shepherd Sunday.  At our bible study we
discussed the importance of Jesus saying "I tell you the truth," and how he
would begin many of his teachings with those words.  Well, I came home and
watched the episode "Andy the Horse Trader" and I counted three times that
he said "I tell you the truth" as he was explaining to Ellie and Barney
about selling the cannon.  Just wonder if the writers used that phrase
intentionally as a biblical reference to emphasize that even though Andy was
trying to outwit the antique dealer he was not doing it for his own gain,
but for the good of the town.

Ken Anderson
2906 May Street
Eau Claire, WI 54701