>... Alan Hale...appreciated it when people complimented him on other
roles be it stage film or tv than just the obvious such as Gilligans
Island...

Tom, much thanks for the first-hand insights.  One of my favorite Alan
Hale roles was in "Thunder in Carolina" which had to do with early
NASCAR/stock car racing.  As a Carolina boy myself, I appreciate that
ol' Jeff Pruitt had some of the same ties.  I always wondered if they
couldn't have made that car go even faster with Goober's help.  If he
can make a boat go 80 on water...that's fast!

Don Good
("speed, speed, speed")