It warms my heart that someone picks up on a comment I make. I done
extenstive research on this particular episode, Goobers Contest. It bears
repeating the selected lines he uttered the given scenes.Yes no doubt
everyone on TAGS knew this was  Howard's  exit. And he went out in in full
glory. Again fans please follow my friendly advise. Look at the the classic
full blown headshot of Howard McNear , so close up that you can see his full
face fill the screen when he says the unforgettable line "I already ordered
my shampooer with the free foam rinse." This line that closeup was
beautifully detailed and executed. The writers knew this wasnt just a line
but a special one shot full face summing up Floyd Lawson. They knew the full
impact of that clip and line. Bravo Howard McNear. Lastly, regarding Elmo
the Druggist. As I interviewed him several times in 71 ,he confirmed he was
a druggist (I called it a pharmacist back then) .He said he was sorry to see
his role go with the demise of Mayberry RFD. Werent we all. After all Vinnie
should know if he was a druggist. Thanks Allan .Tom Kessel Col.Tims Protege
Reject. Bless you all.