I was watching an episode of Seinfeld today, the one where Jerry meets Keith 
Hernandez (the baseball player).  It reminded me of a story I once heard Doug 
Dillard tell, about 13 or 14 years ago. It was the night before a Mayberry 
reunion, and a group of us were hanging out in the hotel lounge visiting with 
Mr. Dillard. Perhaps some of you reading this were also there (I think Mike C., 
Bart B., and Phil B. were there, but I don't remember who else).

Anyway, Doug told us the story of one time when he was in a restaurant or night 
club in Las Vegas back around 1965, and who should walk into the room but Elvis 
Presley.  Doug had always wanted to meet him, but couldn't quite get up the 
nerve to walk over and talk to him.  Then Elvis walked up to HIM and asked, 
"Hey, aren't you the guy that plays the banjo on The Andy Griffith Show?"

Paul Mulik
_______________________________________________
WBMUTBB mailing list
[email protected]
http://www.mayberry.com/tagsrwc/wbmutbb/

Reply via email to