In a message dated 6/5/2010 11:00:47 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
wbmutbb-requ...@wbmutbb.com writes:

The  comedic (and
controversial) payoff to the episode arrived when Mr. and Mrs.  Peters
visited the Petrie household and were revealed to be a black  couple,
played by Greg Morris and Mimi Dillard.

I remember this Dick Van Dyke episode very fondly, it was funny on its own
terms plus a step forward for how minorities were portrayed on television.
 In a later episode Morris also played Rob's old Army buddy.

Mayberry's own contribution was in the form of Rockne Tarkington (hope I
got the name right?) who played Opie's football coach.  It was great that  he
was portrayed in a position of authority and respect and got to deliver the
 episode's moral, even teaching Andy something.  That didn't seem to happen
 a lot in 1960s television.

Dixon