In a message dated 6/30/2010 10:14:49 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
wbmutbb-requ...@wbmutbb.com writes:

I hate  to disagree with wikipedia but in the introduction episode of tags
Danny  Thomas gets stopped by Andy in Mayberry for not stopping for a stop
sign where  there was no road. I would think that Andy could be considered a
supporting  actor in this episode which was aired as part of the Make Room
For Daddy Show  starring Danny Thomas.

Don't apologize for disagreeing with Wikipedia, Susan.  It's user
generated so it's not necessarily an argument-stopping authority.  The fact
is, a
lot of people who like classic TV (and even work in television) seem to
disagree vehemently on what actually constitutes a "spin-off."  I think  TAGS
is
definitely a spinoff of "The Danny Thomas Show," since the producers
clearly wanted to use Danny to sell the viewers (and network executives) on
Mayberry.  ("Mork  & Mindy" had a similar beginning from "Happy  Days.") But
I'm
no authority either, just a guy who watched a lot of TV and  listened to a
lot of old radio recordings.

Dixon